Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Goodbye, Shower Curtain... Hello, Paint Smock!!!

    I picked up a shower curtain from goodwill a couple months ago, just because I loved the design.  I didn't really know what I was going to do with it at the time but I couldn't resist the purchase.  I finally figured out what it was truly meant to be.....a paint smock for my little miss.  Sadie was so delighted  dis-interested in wearing it the first time around.  She kept asking for her cooking apron instead.  I was persistant and she eventually complied and wore the up-cycled project her mother slaved over.  I did enjoy making it but of course I made quite a few errors; the pattern is upside down, I completely forgot about the pockets, and had already sewn the bias tape all around so I had to add those in later, and one side has perfectly straight stitching while the other...well let's just say I bet Sadie could have done a better job.  I couldn't seem to hold the material in the right place which caused crooked stitching more than once but I won't tell you how many times.  I can't seem to make anything right the first time I try, which is so frustrating for me since I want every detail to be perfect.  I remind myself constantly that I am still learning so that I don't give up.  My frustration builds when I stare at that crooked stitching though, so I've decided I must ignore that side and look at the pretty straight side instead.  Ahhh, it makes me feel all peaceful inside.  Crazy much?
     

Sadie + finger paint = one happy girl!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment