Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Blog Post +Late Night + Baby = Tired Morning

     I think it is interesting that whenever I choose to go to bed way too late Tyler (my boy of 3 months now) seems to intuitively know and beckons me to his presence earlier than expected. This morning it was 5 a.m. instead of our agreed upon 6:30am! He has been doing wonderful overall sleeping most nights 9 hours (except last night of course). I on the other hand; do not get 9 hours, truth be known I may only be getting 6 or 7.....which some people thrive on but apparently I am not one of those people. I have just accepted being tired as part of my daily life the past couple of years but after having Tyler I experience way too many moments of fatigue.   I feel exhausted more than I should especially since Ty sleeps through the night and has done so since we got home from Thanksgiving.  My plan this year is to put a stop to my old habit/desire to stay up late until what I desire most is some beauty sleep.  How can I expect my kids to want to go to sleep if I don't want to?  They will only imitate my behavior and if I fight sleep, so will they but if I love it...ok, maybe they will still fight it, but at least they will know it's a good thing to go to bed and not a punishment.  I finally decided somethings got to change when fatigue would settle in on me after only being awake for two hours so out of desperation I picked up two books from the public library; Counting Sheep and A Womens Guide to a Good Nights Sleep.  Both of which have been really helpful.  I have learned a lot and am hoping my efforts make a difference in the coming months.  If not I will check myself into a sleep lab to be monitored like a rat.  So, there you have it. My first (and what I consider to be most important) New Year's resolution for 2011 is to get a good nights sleep, wake up one morning and exclaim, "That was awesome!" What are some of your New Year resolutions?   I'd love to know what's #1 on your list.
 

      I truly do want to 'sleep like a baby' especially this one.  He loves to sleep!

3 comments:

  1. so cute! Now get off the computer and get some sleep!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new year's resolution is no candy in 2011... it's my worst temptation and just so easy to snack on!! It's now been 14 days since I quit candy cold turkey and I'm still alive :)

    ReplyDelete