Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toddler Wrist Ribbons

     Sadie has been asking me to turn on music so she can dance almost every day for the past week.  She says the funniest thing as soon as I come back to her, "No, No, No, Mommy!  Mommy sit!"  Either I am a horrible dance partner or she just wants to be the center of attention?  I will leave my dance skills up for discussion but clarify that yes, Sadie does love to be the center of attention.   Although there are times she lets me dance with her, I am often banished to the couch while she parades around the living room in circles.  So, I have taken this opportunity to relax by leisurely looking at magazines or books and enjoy the show.
     I love looking at catalogs even if I am not in the market to purchase anything.  I find it amusing and at times, inspirational.  This was one of those times.  The product 'wrist ribbons' caught my eye and I just knew I had to have some for Missy (sometimes this is what I call Sadie, I don't know why but she seems to like it).  I pulled out my stash of material scraps and put these together this morning.  Here she is wearing them while we practiced her new favorite song.

        "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands..."  

"If you're happy and you know it, stomp your feet..."

"If you're happy and you know it, shout hooray!"


"If you're happy and you know it,
then you're face will surely show it.
If you're happy and you know it do all three,
clap, clap....stomp, stomp....hooray!"

     I want to get this on video sometime.  When she shouts hooray it is the cutest thing and it makes Tony and I laugh everytime. 
     Go ahead and sing this song ...out-loud.  I know you want to.  I will even bet that you can't sing this song without smiling and feeling happier while doing it.  Give it a try and let me know how much happier you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment