Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tony's Birthday Cake

     Tony turned 30 on Sunday.  Did he get a suprise birthday party?  No, I wouldn't dare make him mad at me for such a thing.  The words suprise and party don't sit well with Tony.  Me, on the other hand.....I think it sounds like a great idea!  (hint hint Tony)  Just kidding!  Anyways, we did celebrate a little.  I got him a pair of sweet looking shoes, the second pair, not so sweet and will be makin' their way back to the store.  Sadie got him a 2011 calendar with pictures of her and Ty.  I wanted his birthday to be a little bit special so I attempted baking a new cake just for him!  All of you with nut allergies should ignore the rest of this post.  This dessert will be toxic to my brother, my nephew, and a cousin I believe. And now, I present to you the  Reese's Peanut Butter Cake.  (I didn't take the time to scrape the sides to make it look like a real Reese's; you know with the ridges, because I didn't want to waste the scrumptious chocolate.  


I got this recipe from a girls blog about her family's favorite recipes. 
http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2008/07/reeses-peanut-butter-cup-cake.html

     As for me....New Year Resolutions about eating healthier food always start February 1st ...or is it after February 14th .....either way I know it's not January first.  Right now I am just enjoying the goodness of home-made Reeses!  I have decided to limit the time I eat though.  I've coined the phrase in my house, "Eights too Late!"  If I want a sugary/chocolatey/salty snack and its after 8pm I won't have it.  But if I am desperately hungry than I allow myself a fruit or vegetable.  I know you think it sounds lame but I spice it up a bit for example, celery and PB&J or cream cheese, pinnaple and cottage cheese, etc.  I have found in just the past few weeks that if I do this than I don't overeat late at night like I use to which in turn makes me feel much better when I lay down to go to sleep.  Hope you all are going strong with your resolutions this year so far!  I am still thinking up some new ones with each passing day.  The latest on my list:  Limit myself to reading just 5 books at a time.....six is just too many at once.  ha ha ha  

1 comment: